Introduction to Raspberry Pi 3 B+
Hey guys Welcome Back . Today, I will discuss the details on the Raspberry Pi 3B+ introduction. This is a small board computer, launched by the Raspberry Pi Foundation in March 14, 2018
It is a modified form of previous Raspberry Pi 3B that was introduced in 2016 and came with CPU, GPU, USP ports and I/O. Both versions are almost the same in terms of functionality and technical specifications; However, there are some exceptions in the B++ model as it comes with USB boot, network boot, and power ethernet on options that are not present in the B model.
Technology has been developed over time with the aim of making life easier and convenient. This tool was a major development in technology that made learning computers even easier that anyone with little effort can wet their feet with the process.
In this tutorial, I will discuss each and everything related to Raspberry Pi 3B+, its main functions and features, benefits and everything you need to know, so you find all the information in one place without wrestling your mind on web surfing. Let’s dive right in.
Introduction to Raspberry Pi 3 B+
- Raspberry Pi 3 B+ was introduced by the Raspberry Pi Foundation on March 14, 2018. This is an upgraded version of the Raspberry Pi 3B model that was introduced in 2016.
- It’s a small computer board that has CPU, GPU, USB ports, I/O. O comes with PIN, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB and network boot and is able to perform some functions like a regular computer.
- The features of the B+ version are almost identical as the B model; However, USB and power on network boot and Ethernet feature only come with B+ models. Also, two additional USB ports are added to this device.
- The SoC (system on chip) combines both CPU and GPU on the same package and gets faster than the Pi 2 and Pi 3 models.
- The Model B+ keeps forward in terms of processing speed and comes with a better wireless capability.
- The dual-band WiFi 802.11ac runs at 2.4GHz and provides a better range in wireless challenging hansens and Bluetooth 4.2 is available with blaze support.
- The top side is featured with metal shielding, rather than plastic in the first model, that acts as a heat sink and drains excessive amount of heat if the board is subject to high temperatures or pressure.
- The B+ model is three times faster than the Pi 2 and 3 which is a major development in terms of speed, capable of executing various tasks at a decent pace.
- Ethernet port 300 Mbit/month which comes with 100 Mbit/s s is much faster than earlier version with speed. It is known as Gigabit Ethernet based on USB 2.0 interface.
- The four-pin header has been added to the board that resides near the 40-pin header. It allows Power Over Ethernet (PoE) i.e. provides the required electriccurrent for the device using the data cable instead of the power cord. This is very useful and reduces the number of cables required for setting up a device in the relevant project.
- PoE only works in the presence of PoE hats.
Raspberry Pi 3 b+ Pinout
- The 40 pin header is used to develop an external connection with the electronic device. It is the same as previous versions, making it compatible with all devices where older versions can be used.
- Of the 40 PINs, 26 are used for digital i/o images. O is done in the form of a pin and dedicated to 9 of the remaining 14 pins I/O. O is called pin that indicates that they do not come with optional functions.
- Pins 3 and 5 comes with a onboard pull-out resistor which are dedicated to 1.8 k and pins 27 and 28 ID EEPROM. The GPIO title in the B+ model is slightly repositioned to allow more space for extra mounting holes. Devices that are compatible with the B model can work with the B++ version; However, they may not sit the same as the previous version.
CPU: The CPU is a brain of this small computer that helps carry out a number of instruction based on mathematical and logical formulas. It comes with a capacity of 64 bit.
Clock speed and RAM: It comes with a clock speed of 1.4 GHz Broadcom BCM2837B0 that is around Quad Core ARM-Arx-A53 and RAM memory 1GB (identified for previous version)
GPU: It stands for graphics processing unit, used to carry out image calculations. Broadcom video core cable is added to the device that is mainly used for playing video games.
USB Port: Two more USB ports are introduced in this new version, setting you hassle-free using an external USB hub when you aim to join a number of peripherals with the device.
MicroUSB Power Source Connector: This connector is used to provide 5V power to the board. It draws more power than the B model from 170 to 200mA.
USB hard drive: The USB hard drive that is used to boot the device is available on the board. This is similar to the hard drive of a regular computer where windows are used to boot the computer’s hard drive.
PoE: The B+ model comes with a power feature on Ethernet (PoE); A new feature added to this device which allows the required electrical current using the data cable.
Other changes: The B++ version comes with little improvement in features and has become a slightly different layout in terms of the location of the components. SD memory slot is replaced by a micro SD memory card slot (works similar to previous version). Position LEDs are now only red and green and transferred to the opposite end of the PCB.
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Technical Specifications
|Chipset||Broadcom BCM2837B0 chipset|
|clock speed||1.4GHz Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53, 4 cores|
|USB Port||4 USB Ports|
|PoE (power over Ethernet)||YES|
|Reset header||2-pin reset header|
|Micro SD socket||YES|
|CSI camera interface||YES|
|Connectivity||WiFi and Bluetooth|
|Display Connector||DSI connector for official screen|
It’s all for today. I hope you found this article useful. If you are unsure or have any questions you can ask me in the comments section below. I’d love to help you according to the best of your expertise so you always keep coming back for what we have to offer. If you are most welcome to keep us updated with your valuable feedback and suggestions, they allow us to give you quality work that resonates with your needs and requirements. Thanks for reading the article.